Friday, December 9, 2011

Our best friend Benton

Many of you also have an elf on the shelf I am sure...do you love yours like we love ours? He is such a part of the family now. Benton has turned up in the greatest places and has left awe and wonder on kids faces.We get to hunt for him everyday sometimes a few times a day when he magically finds a new place to land! The best was the other night on Lola's birthday. My parents sent Lola some balloons, they arrived when she was asleep. I thought it would be a great idea to have Benton attached to the balloons, floating around the house. GREATEST IDEA EVER! The girls could not get over it, Benton was flying. The heat was on and so each time Benton would get by the air vent he would fly a little faster and spin. This entertained us for HOURS...I'm not kidding. Lucy was so scared he would touch her and he would loose his magic that she ran quickly in the other direction. Benton has also landed in our car on schools days, the bathroom as Lola is working on using the potty, on the girls beds (which makes bedtime SO easy) at the dinner table and many more places. He is a blast! I love Christmas time for the simple magic we get to enjoy. I have to admit Adam was gone on a 5 day business trip and I used every tactic I could with Sir Benton. We are thankful for him and love the amazement the kids get from him being around!
On another note....we are mainly focusing teaching the kids what Christmas really means so before you think I have gone over board with this, Lucy told me yesterday she wanted to get Jesus a blanket for Christmas. She thinks he looks cold in his crib. I was so thankful I realized what we were telling her about the birth of Jesus was still being learned with all the other excitement. For this is the real reason for Christmas!
Here is Benton flying around the dining room
looking down from a light
Chilling on the wall
helping with bath time
holding Lucy's tooth brush
waiting on the stairs
hiding in a shelf
looking over us at dinner
microwave
in the fridge with the milk
on the side of the tv
upside down on the blinds
in the tree
I love this video! Lola is in total amazement and Lucy just can't believe it! When Benton starts to move Lucy is amazed!

2 comments:

Steph M said...

I loved seeing some of Benton's landing spots - he is so creative. Much more creative than our Clyde! Lola was so cute watching Benton float on her baloons!

Tracy said...

You're girls are darling - how much fun!!