Friday, December 2, 2011

Lola's 2nd Birthday - Gingerbread party

We celebrated Lola's 2nd birthday this weekend by having a gingerbread party. All her friends came and we decorated gingerbread houses and got a special visit from Santa. Lola was so sweet and loved every minute of her party. She got so excited each time a friend would arrive. We are super blessed with awesome friends and had so many well behaved sweet kids it made the party that much more special. For her first birthday we had also invited Santa which didnt go over too well with the kids including Lola so I wasn't sure how she would do this year but she snuggled right up to him and sat in his lap for about 20 minutes. In fact I told her she needed to get out so other kids could talk to him and she said "no he is my Santa". Lucy on the other hand stood as far back as possible and decided writing a letter would be a better idea.
Lola the morning of her 2nd birthday party
Lucy giving me a quick pose
Sisters - these girls just love each other!!!

I loved her cake it matched her invitation perfectly
Grammie and Hank her snuggle buddy!
Ashalia had the total right idea with her gingerbread house
Kingston and Sawyer worked so hard on their houses.
Lola working hard for now...until she realized how yummy the icing was
Johanna getting every sprinkle in the right place
Oh yes! More snuggles!
Love this face!
cute cohen checking out the other houses
Look who arrived! Santa - most of the kids jaws dropped.
This was our girls face when Santa came through the front door.
Lola was quick to greet Santa
Lola telling Santa what was on her Christmas list...this year - cake, candy and cake. Really I am not kidding. She is very consistent with that and determined that is what he needs to bring.
Hesitantly Lucy sat with Santa too. We didn't make her, she wanted to for a second but would not smile for him. Lucy's list - a monkey robe, toaster and headband. Thats right...not sure where she came up with this either but very consistent.
Dayne - poor guys didn't want this to happen but we had to take a picture of it. He didn't peep the entire party until he was sitting on Santa's lap.
Lola got the hang of this!
Hank's first picture with Santa
Happy 2nd Birthday sweet Lola!
She asked Santa to help her blow out the candles.

Look at this cutie!

Playing with some of her toys
Snuggles with the birthday girl
A quick chick pic!

2 comments:

Rob and Jennifer said...

Sarah if we move back to Corpus, can I hire you for Ellie's next b-day? :)Or I might just have to pick your brain to find all your good ideas! OMG you are AMAZING. Cutest b-day party theme I have ever seen. Love it!

The Milam's said...

What an amazing party, the pictures are great! I hate that we missed all the fun.