Since I don't have the energy to write the specifics of the beginning of this story I copied from Brooke's blog to get everyone up to date.
MILAMSPACE says:
"We have certainly had a rough couple of days. This whirlwind of events begin Tuesday night when our very good friend Sarah called us at around 12:30 Tuesday night. Her two daughters Lucy and Lola had both been diagnosed with RSV earlier that day. Lola was having a very hard time breathing and Sarah was afraid she needed to take her to the emergency room. My amazing husband rushed to Sarah's house (I guess I should mention her husband Adam was in Baltimore on business). Michael helped Lola with her breathing treatments and helped to ease Sarah. He returned at about 2:00 a.m.. Sarah apparently was up all night with Lola who had continued to struggle, so Michael headed back over to her house at 8:00 a.m. to watch Lucy until the babysitter arrived so Sarah could take Lola to the emergency room at Driscoll Children's Hospital. I joined Sarah at 12:30 to wait with her and Lola, Lola didn't get seen by a doctor until around 3:30. It was a very stressful time while we were in the emergency room, we had an unfriendly doctor, not much information and we saw The Little Mermaid and Garfield the Movie each played twice. Lola was admitted into a room at around 8:30. It was very hard to see both Lola and Sarah go threw what they did, as hard as it was on me I can't imagine how hard it was on Sarah with a 7 week old, another child at home sick and her husband thousands of miles away. Lola got settled into her room and seemed to be doing okay. I left around 11:00, and was so hopeful that Sarah and Lola would both get some rest.
While at the emergency room I received a phone call from Connor's day care saying he had a 103 fever. Michael picked him up from daycare and rushed him to the pediatrician. Connor was diagnosed with RSV as well and a mild case of Bronchitis. Now I feel horrible because I think he has had it for at least a week, which would explain his cranky mood over the last week.
So Wednesday night at the Milam house Michael and I had about 4 hours of sleep. Connor couldn't sleep because of his fever and we also had to give him treatments on his nebulizer. We ended up driving around our neighborhood from 4:00 - 4:30 in an attempt to get Connor to sleep. I imagine that if anyone was awake and saw us that they probably called the cops about a black Lincoln SUV combing out houses to break into!
Michael and I both took the day off to spend time with Connor and to help out Adam & Sarah. I ended up just being at the hospital for about 3 hours today, Lola ended up having to stay another night. She keeps fluctuating with her progress. We are praying that she has a good night and can be released tomorrow. We are also praying that Sarah gets some much needed rest.
Adam arrived Wednesday night at 9:30, Michael picked him from the airport and his dad (grandpa) came over to watch Connor since I was still at the hospital. Adam is back in Corpus now and dividing his time between Sarah and Lola at the hospital and Lucy and their home.
Please keep all of these children in your thoughts and prayers, this can be a very scary virus especially in infants under four months. You can go to http://www.rsvinfo.com/ to find out more information on this virus.
As hard as these last few days have been on us, in some ways it has been an amazing experience. Two young families came together to help one another out and to support one another. We had to pull strength from each other and give our children the strength and care that they needed. I am simply amazed by all the love and support that our group of friends in Corpus Christi have given to the Nuse family. I never could have imagined when I moved here six years ago that we would have people care for us like this and take us under their wings. "
While at the emergency room I received a phone call from Connor's day care saying he had a 103 fever. Michael picked him up from daycare and rushed him to the pediatrician. Connor was diagnosed with RSV as well and a mild case of Bronchitis. Now I feel horrible because I think he has had it for at least a week, which would explain his cranky mood over the last week.
So Wednesday night at the Milam house Michael and I had about 4 hours of sleep. Connor couldn't sleep because of his fever and we also had to give him treatments on his nebulizer. We ended up driving around our neighborhood from 4:00 - 4:30 in an attempt to get Connor to sleep. I imagine that if anyone was awake and saw us that they probably called the cops about a black Lincoln SUV combing out houses to break into!
Michael and I both took the day off to spend time with Connor and to help out Adam & Sarah. I ended up just being at the hospital for about 3 hours today, Lola ended up having to stay another night. She keeps fluctuating with her progress. We are praying that she has a good night and can be released tomorrow. We are also praying that Sarah gets some much needed rest.
Adam arrived Wednesday night at 9:30, Michael picked him from the airport and his dad (grandpa) came over to watch Connor since I was still at the hospital. Adam is back in Corpus now and dividing his time between Sarah and Lola at the hospital and Lucy and their home.
Please keep all of these children in your thoughts and prayers, this can be a very scary virus especially in infants under four months. You can go to http://www.rsvinfo.com/ to find out more information on this virus.
As hard as these last few days have been on us, in some ways it has been an amazing experience. Two young families came together to help one another out and to support one another. We had to pull strength from each other and give our children the strength and care that they needed. I am simply amazed by all the love and support that our group of friends in Corpus Christi have given to the Nuse family. I never could have imagined when I moved here six years ago that we would have people care for us like this and take us under their wings. "
2 comments:
So glad so many prayers have been answered! Still keeping you guys in there. Grandmom and Poppy keep us posted. You guys take care; you have precious friends that are so helpful but I am sure you already know that. God Bless....Debbie and Sam Huey
Oh Sarah I can't even imagine....I am so glad that the Nuse family is doing so much better. We will keep you in our prayers and even though we are so far away let us know if there is anything we can do!
Post a Comment