The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...although the TV was also stuck in the fireplace.
Lots of things have happened since I last updated our blog...lots of craziness!!! So after I wrote about how sick Adam, Lucy and Daisy were, Buzz and I ended up with the flu too. Yuck! Adam and I stayed home with Lucy and recovered together. Our only outing was to the doctor for our 37 week ultra sound. Our little one is measuring great and it was so amazing to see his/her little profile on the screen. Lucy came with us so it was a fun family event. We started feeling better last Wednesday just in time for my parents to surprise us with an early arrival to Corpus. They are such troopers driving 14 hours to see us for Thanksgiving. It was a blessing to have them visit and so much fun. Lucy was extremely excited to see them and right away began to show off. Adam and I love when she does this. Thursday was Thanksgiving and I had plans for turkey, stuffing and a few other sides. I wasn't feeling that great and so didn't wake up to cook. Instead we had breakfast prepared by Adam (yummy!) and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. To make a long story short Adam and I decided to make a visit to the hospital because I was having some back pain and contractions. We were so lucky my parents were in town to watch Lucy because the people we have lined up to watch Lucy of course were celebrating Thanksgiving with their families. Anyway, after a few hours in the hospital it was determined that my contractions that were about 3-4 minutes apart were due to dehydration which was due to the flu. Once I got enough fluids were able to go home...just in time to see my parents put up the Christmas tree. I am now feeling great and our baby is moving and shaking like crazy! Lucy was sound asleep when we got home and my parents enjoyed the special time they had with her. Friday and Saturday Adam and I my dad spent time working outside on our Christmas decorations while my mom, Lucy and I decorated inside. The boys were able to sneak in a little golf and my mom and I a little shopping which is always fun. I wanted to go "all out" this year with decorations because we will be here for the holidays and have lots of visitors with our baby coming soon! It was so much fun, but lots of work to get everything done. With our little hospital scare Adam and I moved into action getting everything ready for the baby...rooms moved around, baby bed up, car seat in (or close), and all the other little details. By Saturday night we were all feeling very accomplished and proud of our hard work. Unfortunately, my dad started feeling the flu...the next morning it hit my mom. It was the same bug that had gotten us the week before. It was horrible for them because they had the long drive home ahead of them. Adam went and got them gas, crackers and lots of water for the ride home and although it sounds horrible they made great time 12 hours. They are finally feeling better and we hope that bug quits visiting everyone. Ugh!
We have a busy week coming up, Lucy has a birthday party to go to tomorrow night, Adam and I have a date on Thursday, Friday we have family night, Saturday morning we are having breakfast with Santa, Saturday afternoon Corpus has an event called Harbor Lights which entails a parade, and Sunday is a children's musical "A fairytale Christmas". I love love love this time of year and this year is so extra special.
We are grateful for so many people in our life and for our amazing health. Adam and I have the sweetest daughter in the world, amazing parents who are supportive and loving, and sisters/in-laws and brother-in-laws that are so fun and amazing friends. Our circle of friends is so insanely awesome - God has blessed our life more than we could ever imagine and we are beyond blessed.
2 comments:
Your house looks awesome both inside and out! I'm so impressed that you have all your shopping done and even more impressed that you have all the presents wrapped!
I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I guess the contractions and trip to the hospital will just make this Thanksgiving a little more memorable.
Hope you are able to get some R&R in before baby #2 arrives.
Holy Moly!! What a crazy and productive few weeks you've had! How the heck did you get your Christmas shopping and wrapping done? Was that before or after the sickness or on the way to the hospital? AMAZING!! This post makes me want to hook up an IV of fluids. Enjoy the Season!! Sounds like you are going to continue to have an exciting one. :-)
Post a Comment