Yesterday was our first day back for Tippi Toes! It is always so exciting for everyone. The children come all dressed up in new outfits, tutus, bows and ribbons. The moms are just as excited as the children. Today marks my 11 years in business owning Tippi Toes - yeah! I have always seen the smiles on parents faces while watching their children dance, and I totally thought I understood, until yesterday. I got to experience the joy of waking Lucy up, getting her in her new dance outfit and going to class. You would have thought I hadn't been teaching for the last 11 years. It was so magical. Adam and I both went upstairs to wake Lucy up like it was Christmas. Adam got her out of bed and said "Lucy, its Tippi Toes day". In our house...seems like everyday is Tippi Toes day - but none like this one. We went to class early so I could help greet the other new students. Lucy and I did the mommy and me class. This class is designed for children 18 months - 3 to dance with their moms. Well I thought of course Lucy could do it. She was great about the first 5 songs, then was very interested in the other little dancers, and their hair bows, shoes and so on. All the stimulation got the best of her and we ducked out a little early. I have to admit although she didn't dance the whole class I could not have been happier. It was so much fun and we had a blast together. This Saturday should be really fun I am teaching a daddy and me class - and Adam is bringing Lucy (that is if he can tear away from college gameday on the tube - a ritual in our house). They will have so much fun, hopefully having mom as the teacher isn't a big distraction! For more information on Tippi Toes you can visit our website: www.tippitoesdance.com
Lucy checking herself out in the mirror
Sorry there are no pictures of Lucy actually dancing. Since it was a mommy and me class I was dancing with her and just didn't think to take pictures. Next time I will for sure!
4 comments:
I am so sad that I am not there to start another year with Tippi Toes. That was the best job ever! You have such a great thing going, it is no wonder it has been such a success! Lucy looks so cute. I wish I could have been at the class to see her dance! Can't wait to hear how daddy and me goes. That sounds like so much fun.
What a precious little ballerina! Congratulations on all of your amazing success with Tippi Toes!
oh my goodness she looks so big!!! and I just saw her a week ago! that's so exciting that lucy gets to join in on the tippitoes fun!
Adorable. OMG! Sounds like such a great day that put things into perspective. It really makes you understand what a difference you are making to so many children and families!!
Post a Comment