Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lucy is a ROCK STAR and Baby #2 is too!

It has been a crazy fun last 2 weeks. Lucy and I have made the rounds and Adam got to join us in Tulsa! Lucy and I made our first stop in Kansas City to visit my Gram and many aunts and cousins. It was so much fun. I have pictures but I will save it for another post. My aunt threw Lucy a garden birthday party. It was just for the girls and everyone wore old hats and we had sandwiches, cupcakes and punch. It was so great! Then my cousin Katie and he husband Mitch has a family get together the next night. It was a ton of family fun and a blast seeing all the kids. There were 11 kids ages 1 -10. They all did really well together, we are blessed with amazing family.
Then we headed to Tulsa and got some awesome time with my parents. It doesn't take Lucy long to warm up to my parents or Adam's parents which is so great. She goes right to them all! My mom and dad were so helpful. Having extra hands around allowed me to work on Tippi Toes, plan her party and get to see some old friends. Lucy always loves her time in Tulsa. On Thursday Adam, my sisters and Matt and Gannon arrived! Friday on Lucy's actual birthday we all went to the lake for some fun in the sun. Saturday had the party and Sunday - well we rested! Lucy is still busy catching up on sleep yesterday and today she had a 2 hour nap and a 3 hour nap and was crashed by 7pm each night.
Lucy has been a total joy for Adam and I this past year. God is so amazing to give us her as a gift. I can not get over how much changes in one year, she is smiling, walking, talking and just being her own little cute self. I can't wait to see what her lifetime brings us - I know it will be so much love and happiness.
Now...for baby #2! We are calling the baby Hankaline (Hank or Caroline) are the names we have picked out! This baby is a mover and shaker just like Lucy was. This pregnancy has been really easy and fun. Time is flying so quickly and I feel like Dec 18 will be here before we know it. I am getting lots of kicks, especially when Lucy is in my arms. It is fun to be feeling both babies at the same time. I will go to the doctor this Friday for my 6 month check up. Lucy being so in love with babies could not come at a better time. She will be a great big sister!
JJ and Lucy playing in the front yard. It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed it so much!
Bikini Girl!
Loved the lake - hated the life jacket
My parents got Lucy this baby stroller and a baby for her birthday. This stroller kept Lucy and Gannon entertained the entire weekend. Whichever one was pushing it was on a mission to get there fast. Lucy still was learning about running into things but loved loved loved every second it it.
Lucy and Matt (Gannon's dad)
This picture was too cute not to post. Lucy got new cowgirl boots from my cousin Teri and has loved loved loved them.
My best friend from growing up Caroline in from North Carolina with her son Carter to help us celebrate for Lucy. Here is a pregnant picture of Caroline and I. She is 7 mth and I am 6 mths. We have been so lucky to not only go through our first pregnancy together but now our second.
The finishing touches. My mom is so helpful and creative and helped us throw an awesome party!
We had buckets set out with all the kids names and goodies inside (balls and bubbles) My parents did this for me when I was little and so we thought we would do it for Lucy too!
Lucy playing ball outside before the party starts!
Lucy and Gannon waiting for the guests to arrive
Happy Birthday Lucy - Mommy and Daddy are crazy for you!
Lucy and Grampie - love bugs!
Aunt Fav and Lucy excited for the party to start!
Here is part of the crew. From left - Nathan - 16 mths, Carter - 14 mths, Jackie - 13 mths, Emily - 1 yr, Gannon - almost 2, Lucy - birthday girl, Camden - 3 and Carson 5. Not pictured is Zavery - 15 mths, Morgan - 9 weeks, Molly - 8 weeks, Drew - 6, Ben - 5 and Corinna 4 weeks. What an awesome crew of kids!
Lucy, Sarah, Jackie and Kathleen - Kathleen and I were best friends in high school. We love getting to see her and her family when we go back to Tulsa! We were lucky enough to have them party with us, we were 1 of 4 1st birthday parties they had this weekend.
Sarah, Lucy, Zaevery & Chanda - my best friend from college and her son and husband drove in from Thomas and spent the day with us...so much fun! Zavery is 15 months
Adam, Sarah, Erik, Katie and their precious daughter Molly (8 weeks old) Erik and Adam went to high school together - they drove in for the party from Oklahoma City! Thank you so much!
Singing Happy Birthday
Gannon was so helpful in finishing Lucy's cake
After the 4th party she finally got the hang of the cake
Perfect!
All over my hands
Now in my hair
Lucy gives the greatest hugs - Thank you Daddy for a great party!
Yard games with Daddy
These two just love each other - nothing like cousins
After a long day, story time - Adam, Gannon and Lucy

5 comments:

The Milam's said...

What a fun week! Happy birthday Lucy. Sarah, I'm so happy to hear that you and baby #2 are both doing great. I can't believe you are already 6 months!

Rob and Jennifer said...

How much fun you guys are having! I can't wait to find out what your next one is! We totally need to get back to Corpus so our kids can play together. That is what I am hoping for!

Kathleen said...

So much fun!! We had a blast at the party! Happy Birthday Lucy!! She's a special little girl.

Steph M said...

How fun! I've been thinking about your guys, wondering how the parties went. Looks like the Tulsa party was a huge success! Can you believe Lucy's one already!

Megs said...

man we had a lot of fun!!!! Reading the blog is almost as fun as being there!!!!! I am the luckiest FAV ever!!!!!