
Yesterday was a big day for us. Lola had her thyroid appointment in Houston with a new specialist to try and get her situation straightened out. We have waited about 4 months for this appointment after about 8 months of inaccurate test results - thank you Corpus Christi :)
Anyway, our appointment was at 10:15 and I had not the slightest clue where to go, and so on. Lucy was in school so it was originally Hank, Lola and I on this adventure until, dun dun da dun...Super June volunteers to come with us hang out and help out!!! She is AMAZING!!! This was a tall task. We left our house at 5am with 2 bright eyed little kids. June is almost 4 years cancer free but had spent many days in Houston at MD Anderson so she was very comfortable and familiar with the drive. She drove...which was heaven for me since to be a complete sissy Big City traffic stresses me out!!! She knew the back roads and in the middle of all these extremely tall buildings and bumper to bumper traffic pulled our car right up to the front of the building. She hung out with Hank while Lola and I were off to meet our new dr. - Dr. Yafi - which Lola loved saying.
The appointment itself went well. Aside from when the doctor was talking to me and Lola was looking in my purse for a sucker. She was chatting and I was zoned in on every word the doctor said so I wasn't focused on Lola. She said "Mom, can I have this" and without looking I said yes...IT WAS A TAMPON - she began to unwrap it. This dry doctor started to smile and I looked at Lola and I am certain my face turned red.
The doctor is happy with Lola and says she is doing great. They are sending her blood off to California to get tested by a specialty clinic to ensure the medicine she is on is perfect for her. We are thankful. Aside from a trip to Houston every 3 months to draw blood (yeah we will see the Milams each and every time!!!) we are good to go!
After the appointment June said "Let's make the most of this trip - let's head to the zoo" What a trooper - not only did she get up super early to help me she is also suggesting a trip to the zoo. Well it could not have been more perfect! Lola loved being the BIG sister - but also asked about Lucy and talked about Lucy every 5 minutes. It was really sweet. Lucy enjoyed the day at school and then Adam picked her up early and she went to the office and a Hooks event to get home at 10:30pm last night - they had a great day together too. Hank oh Hank could not be better - I think over the entire trip - 8 hours in the car, 2 hours at the dr and 3 hours at the zoo he cried for a total of 20 minutes. I love that guys. Anyway this trip - I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR ANYTHING BETTER - thanks to my sweet friend and neighbor June!






1 comment:
You guys are so blessed to have June and Skip. I'm so glad Lola has the doctor and care she needs. We hate that you have to make this trip but that just means we always know we will get to see you guys. Hope all comes out well with Lola's test.
Post a Comment