Today, the day before Easter, we as many families have traditions of dying Easter eggs. I love traditions and meaningful moments so I had planned that before Adam left for work today we would dye the Easter eggs as a family. Well, I forgot, we got sidetracked and it didn't happened. When I realized we had forgotten I called Adam as he was on his way to work. "Adam, we didn't dye Easter eggs" Adam said "you can still do it". I said "but we have to do it as a family" I clearly was bent out of shape but I figured we would make the most of it.
I got the girls ready in their aprons, gave them both a job and even though Adam was not going to join us - it would still be fun!
Well...maybe I forced it just a little.
Here we are all smiles before we start our project!
Best Friends!
Hank having a blast in his walker - his other favorite place besides someones arms!
I had the girls both set out the water, put the dye in and go to work. I wanted them to make the eggs however they wanted and knew that they would most likely turn out brown after all the colors mixed. As you can see Lola wanted all the colors in the same bowl.

Lucy had different ideas - every bowl had a color and every egg had a bowl

Until...Lola got a little too close to the bowl after about 1 minute of the Easter egg dying, which was after about 15 minutes of me getting the all ready and about an hour before that I was hyping it up!
Lucy's bowl was knocked over by Lola
Then Lola turned around to try and give Lucy her bowl (good girl - that was nice) but then splash - her entire bowl down on the ground.
Hank was happy because he got splashed with the water and thought it was fun - plus this guy is ALWAYS happy!
Here is the final product - yes this is the FINAL product. The kids lost interest after the bowls hit the ground - then Lucy cracked two eggs and Lola began rolling hers on the ground.
And this was what we looked like by the end of our 15 minutes of meaningful Easter egg dying project.
Luckily, I turned it around - we snuggled on the couch and watched Hop then ate spaghetti, all before our call to the Easter Bunny! Even these moments are so cherished - and I can't help but laugh! I sure love being a mom!
2 comments:
LOVE IT! What a great mom, what great memories and what great pictures.
Best blog post ever! I laughed till I cried. It was a wonderful day, even if it didn't go as planned. Happy Easter to all the Nuses!
Post a Comment