I have been meaning to post about this for a while and just haven't. Then I was talking to my friend Caroline yesterday and telling her the story out loud I knew I needed to write it down. So both Lucy and Lola have extremely wild imaginations. They have more imaginary friends than I can count and we rarely call them by their real names. Let me give you an idea: Lucy has had the following imaginary friends - her first one was Octopus who lived in our hallway and Octopus would often times make her way around our house and Lucy would spot her and tell us all about her, Octopus was phased out and then - Afa arrived, next came Madison, then Katie and now the most recent one is her daughter Jeff (I think it is a lizard but not totally sure).
Then there is Lola or shall I say Robert. Robert actually is not an imaginary friend - Lola just changed her name to Robert. Not just a here and there I am Robert and all the time I am Robert and I am 6 years old.
Lola time for Dinner - "No Im Robert"
Lola lets get in the car - "Im Robert and Im 6"
Lola are you ready for school - "Robert is ready for school, Who's Lola?"
The other day she was in trouble and I said Lola you need to go to time out - she said and I kid you not "Lola is in time out, I'm Robert"
She is consistent with this name so much so that Lucy calls her Robert most of the time and when we really need her to listen Adam and I will call her Robert too. It is the craziest thing.
Caroline asked me the question: Does she have a friend with that name? No she doesn't and nobody that she is with or even that Adam and I talk about has that name. It has come out of thin air. Anyway, I love it and love watching these 2 girls make believe!!
Here is Lola - asking us to call her Robert! i just love this sweet face!
2 comments:
Sarah, this is hysterical!!!
LOL I always thought that sounded like a beautiful girls name :)
Post a Comment