Adam and I just got back from a quick get away to Vegas with our best buddies the Milams. Milam is a leap day baby and so the calendar only lands on his birthday once every 4 years. 4 years ago when he had his 7th birthday we told each other that on his 8th birthday we would "go big". That we did - we shuffled our kids to grandparents and jetted to Vegas Tuesday -Thursday. It was an awesome trip, fun bonding and memories I will pull out of my pocket when the Milams are in Houston and we are missing them.
We were so excited to stay at the Billagio - Oceans Eleven anyone?

Dinner done right! HB Milam!

Here we are the first night out - an amazing dinner, fun friends and a little gambling (ok a lot!)

My girl! Brooke is so fun and makes me laugh so much. She is the most thoughtful person on the planet, she cracks me up and it the best shopper ever - her taste is unreal! We had so much fun being away and having girl talk - without interruption which is rare!

My cute husband in front of our hotel!

The challenge was snapping a good picture of both boys at the same time

see - I couldn't get it!

I snapped this right before Adam hit it big!!!

I thought this would be my lucky hat - but one thing I learned I am a terrible gambler. It is too hard to see money leaving my hand without getting a cute shirt in exchange.

Serendipity!

It tasted as good as it looks!

Birthday dinner! Amazing food but better company!

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?!?!

After dinner we went to see "O" the famous show in Vegas. It was unreal what they did, the art work creativity and the magic...unfortunately, we had full stomachs, were in a warm dark theatre and had been up for hours before the show began, with that said...Milam, Brooke and I all snagged a cat nap (or 2) while the show was going on. Adam was close but hung in there for us to give us the recap.
No comments:
Post a Comment