As you know if you follow our blog we do almost everything with the Milam family. We knew about 3 years ago they were working in the next few years to move to Houston for Michael's job and to be closer to Brooke's family. It has always been SO FAR AWAY - until now. Well they put their house up for sale about 2 weeks ago and yesterday BAM - CONTRACT, Signatures and closing date of May 1. I can't bare to think about it much because it makes me sick thinking they won't be a close walk from our house, they won't be meeting us at the park, baseball games, church, pool, our house, their house and everything in between. We are certainly doing our best to make the most of the rest of their time here but May 1 is all too close for my comfort.
When I told Lucy, she said "oh good when are we moving with them?" - my thoughts exactly. We know there will be many phone calls, texts, and visits and of course we will know every move they make through her blog but ugh - it just stinks.
2 comments:
My heart is breaking. How do we walk away from the best friends, neighbors, boss, parents ever.
As I have told Brooke, the friendship between the two of you is inspiring! You have been so blessed to have each other and I know you are both sad at the impending move. But I know in my heart that you two will remain friends and find ways to keep in touch in the coming years.
I am also sad not to return to CC for visits because getting to know the Nuses and watching your family grow has been so wonderful for us. Yall have been like an extension of our family. In the future I will be asking Brooke for updates and pictures, and we will keep you in our hearts! Love you, Mary Ellen
Post a Comment