Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let's Make it a Date!

I feel so lucky to have two of the sweetest little girls in the world. I love being with them and they love being with each other! Since Hank will be arriving in the next few weeks I know our time to go out and do things will be less and less. I really wanted quality time with both of them one on one. Oh my gosh - it was so much fun!!! Having my undivided attention brought new personalities out in both girls. They were on the top of their game and loving the special time. I loved it too!
I had a babysitter come over yesterday to help with the other while I was on my date! Lola had her date first. We went to get her hair cut which she absolutely loves!! She walked in all by herself with her purse in hand. She knew she would get a sucker and knew exactly where to go. The ladies at the salon LOVE her. She went around and said "hi" to everyone getting haircuts and smiled with her new teeth! She got 2 new teeth on the bottom! After she was finished I asked her what she wanted to do - as only Lola can do she said "lemonade" - this is her obsession. She loves lemonade. She has many words but none as clear or long as LEMONADE. So we took a spin to Sonic. Next we went to the duck park which I think more is like a seagull infested pond to feed the ducks. She loves ducks so much and we fed them all the stale bagels we could. Lola got a kick out of it and the ducks and birds loved her. She tried to hug a few but as you can imagine they ran away. Then we walked to the pond to check out all the turtles. She was in heaven! I love love love this sweet little angel!
Lola and her Lemonade



After my date with Lola I brought her home and grabbed Lucy. Right when I walked in Lucy said "My turn for a date". I loved that she was so excited. I gave Lucy a few choices we could: go to the movie, go get our nails done (which I REALLY wanted to do!!!), or go to the park. Lucy said "I want to go to the office". Meaning Adam's office. It was a great option so Adam could get some time with Lucy too. She picked out her outfit and was loving every minute of being with us by herself. We got to the game when the gates opened which was about an hour and a half before the game was suppose to start. Since it was her date night, I let her pick what she wanted to eat. So I asked "Lucy, what would you like for dinner?" She said "what kind of things do they sell". Check out all the healthy things the Hooks stadium have (not) hamburger, pizza, hot dog, nachos, taco's. So I gave her the options. She looked down at her tummy and said "pretty girl what do you want to eat, my tummy says she wants nachos" - so there you have it good old nachos on her date. There was a rain delay which worked out in our favor because we got extra time with Adam before the game started. Then Lucy said "ok I need to go to the office and work" she plopped up on Adam's chair and got some serious computer work done and made a zillion phone calls. She was pretending to be "Daddy" while I was Lucy. It was precious!
Enjoying her Nachos
The thrill of the rain delay
Such a poser!
They were giving out free popcorn at the game so here is Lucy in Adam's office with her costume on and Adam's work shoes. I love this girl and her imagination!

2 comments:

The Milam's said...

OMG! What an AMAZING day you had. You have the two sweetest girls, they are so lucky to have you. Hank is going to be one lucky little brother. And Lucy, I LOVE the outfit you choose for your date!

Justin and April said...

Where DID you buy her dress? LOVE it! They really enjoyed their days and I liked how you gave them options on what they wanted to do. I will miss my precious time with my little girl. The days are dwindling until it won't just be the three of us anymore. Bittersweet!