Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding and Game Night







Megan, Chris, Adam and I decided it would be so much fun to rent bikes and ride down the mountain. Megan and I were wrong...IT WAS NOT FUN. IT WAS SO SCARY. The altitude made it really hard to breath, that could sound silly but it was true, we were on mountain bikes that we didn't know how to operate, it had so many gears I didn't know what to do with them. In my mind it would be a fun ride all downhill on dirt - WRONG. It was rocky gravel kicking up in our face, we were going up hill a lot of the time, trying to ride fast enough away from the ginormous rain cloud following us, only to find out we rode into a locked gate. We ended up thankfully getting off the hill and riding through downtown. That was the fun part. Megan and I thought shopping seemed like a better idea. The boys went back up the mountain - they loved and hated it at the same time. It was a lot harder than they thought it would be. Once they were finished they were really happy they did it.

Jennie, Megs and I took the kids horse(pony) riding today. They loved every minute of it. It was a great activity. They didn't ride far but they are still talking about the horses. The ride to the stables was beautiful. At the time we went we were the only people there so we were able to pet horses, take pictures and ask lots of questions!

A trip with my family isn't complete without games. My mom and dad brought the games stacking cups. It gives you time limits to do different stacking options. It was so fun and intense. Chris was the winner every time on the first night!

No comments: