Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gumdrops, Lollypops and Chocolate for you...

We had such a fun 2nd birthday for Lucy! The pictures tell the entire story of the day!
The Invitation
Our dear friend Brooke whom has been working on Lucy's party for several months. She has an event company Gatsby events and you can see why. She has such vision and preciseness that made this party come together better than I ever dreamed. She is so creative and taught me so much. Thank you Brooke for spending hours to make Lucy's party so memorable. I love you!!
The candy bar
A view of the party room. Brooke and I spent all day Friday hanging the big gum balls, moving furniture and fluffing. It was SO MUCH FUN! We had 3 small helpers - Lola, Lucy and Connor ~ they made the day so much more fun! A memory for a lifetime!
Marshmallow pops - these were a total hit!
Party favors - Cookie lollipops! They were as good to taste as they looked
Happy Birthday Sign
This is about as long as Lola made it for the party. I thought with all the excitement she would make it through the party but she slept for almost the entire time!
We played a game "put the gum in the gum ball machine" - again Brooke is so CREATIVE!
Candy toss - the older kids loved this game
We served breakfast. Brooke made the centerpieces out of cocktail napkins! We served mini cinnamon rolls, donut holes (which Brooke made into a donut tower), bagels, spreads and melon balls.
Check out that donut tower - just perfect enough for a child to run by, take a donut and not get caught!
Lucy loved EVERYTHING!
We had lollipops that the children could color - this was a huge hit!
Our walkway was lined with huge suckers
The kids loved having a table just their size.
Check out this cake - my good friend and Tippi Toes teacher Shanda made this for Lucy. She is so talented.
This was the highlight - Lucy loved having everybody sing to her and loved blowing out those candles.
Look who woke up - Lola! This is a picture of the girls with our neighbors June and Skip, we love them to pieces!
Connor and Lucy - Connor had so much fun he partied his pants off!
Pinata time! I never grew up doing this at birthdays but it is a big tradition people do in South Texas. My friend Alma made this for Lucy for her birthday. The kids had so much fun beating this, just waiting for candy to drop.
Here is a look at all the cute little kids. They were all so great! We are blessed so blessed by so many good friends!
Grandmommy and Lola outside watching Lucy and Poppy.
Lucy got golf clubs from Grandmommy and Poppy. Poppy helped Lucy with her swing. It was so fun watching them together.
Adam had to work the evening of Lucy's birthday and so Lola, Lucy and I went up to visit. She loves the mascot Sammy the seagull.
Now thats a perfect ending to a perfect day! Lucy - Dad, Lola and I love you so much!

10 comments:

The Milam's said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! I hope your day was as wonderful as you - we love you to pieces!

Mary Ellen Sims said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! What a fun way to celebrate your big day. Hope to see you all soon!

Justin and April said...

So much attention to detail! Looks like she had a blast! Love her outfit and the cake, especially!

Kathleen said...

This is unreal. Takes the cake on any kids party decor I've ever seen. How fun!

kmcelroy said...

A-mazing! Truly.

Mike, Jen, and Graydon said...

Everything looked so great! Brooke is so talented!!!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Sarah - what a sweet and talented friend you have!=) The party looked amazing - I bet Lucy had a ball as all of her friends. So cute! So fun! What sweet memories!

Life Made Simple said...

Sarah!! I just came across your blog! I love it!! This has to be the cutest birthday party I have EVER seen!! I'm forwarding your blog to Lindsey who just had a baby girl... Hope you and your sweet family are doing well! Hi to Adam! xo Heather

Lindsey E. said...

Sarah! Heather forwarded me your blog...your family is precious and that party was out of this world! I hope you all are doing well. Would love to catch-up sometime!
Take care and tell Adam hello!