Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's time to go Tricker Treating!

What a fun time of year!! I love Halloween. I have to admit a lot of it comes from growing up in the most amazing family where everything is celebrated. My parents always went all out for Halloween, then the next day began as we say in my family my "birthday month". The crisp air, the fall colors and all the excitement. My goal as a mom is to pass the traditions and excitement down to Lucy, Lola and Hank. This year we did that by visiting the pumpkin patch several times, carving pumpkins, letting them pick out what they wanted to be for Halloween (although I had different ideas), working on pumpkin arts and crafts and learning holiday songs. Yes thats right...it's time to go tricker treating is a song that we have been singing over and over at our house!!! We spent a lot of our Halloween time with the Milams which is always fun. Lucy, Connor and Lola have a blast together and it is so fun watching their friendship grow as they do. Brooke puts me to shame every year with her talent in the goodies but I am just happy I get to be apart of it. Check out milamspace.blogspot.com and look at the cookies she made. That's right, I am one to buy them and she worked so hard and made them. Fave came to join in our fun for a little bit while we also knocked out some business.
Snuggles with Fave
Our handsome pumpkin
Lucy's 3rd trip to the Pumpkin Patch
Looking for the perfect pumpkin
Halloween 2011 - Lucy 3, Lola 22 mths, Hank 4 mths
Lola was butterfly one day, mermaid the next
Lucy the butterfly
Tricker Treating at June and Skips
Hank stayed with June and Skip to pass out candy while we hit the neighborhood
Connor, Lucy and Lola - getting a picture with all of them is nearly impossible
Lola worked so hard and NEVER GAVE UP! She was getting passed left and right but she made sure she didn't miss a house.
Wagon ride helped with tired feet
Lucy and Connor were pretty unsure about a witch they met while tricker treating
Sweet Allie the Ghost. She didn't make a peep the entire time - a perfect angel!
These girls are best buddies!
Lucy was so fast wanting to get as much candy as she could
Lola's bucket began to drag she had so much candy in it
Super dads!!! I just love Adam...look how fun and festive he is! He got home a little behind schedule from work and I was getting the kids ready to go out the door. He looked at me and said "Babe, what am I going to be" I had to laugh.
Now maybe the best part...the girls passing out candy at our house. Lucy stood by the door and when the door rang she opened it and waited for the "TRICKER TREAT" to be yelled at her. Lola was not to generous in the giving maybe one tootsie roll, it was so funny!



2 comments:

The Milam's said...

We had a blast with you guys. I love the memories we are sharing with your family.

Justin and April said...

I just love Halloween too! Fall is such a fun time of year!!!