Friday, September 9, 2011

We smell smoke

We made it to my parents house on Thursday and when we were putting the kids to bed on Friday night my dad yells at Adam and I saying "GET THE GIRLS AND GO OUTSIDE!" I was freaked out immediately because typically my dad DOES NOT overreact so I grabbed Lucy met Adam and Lola in the hallway and we ran outside. My dad said "the house is on fire, get outside". I saw my mom holding Hank in the yard looking back at our house. I got emotional and ran to my mom. I just knew when I looked back I would see flames coming out of my parents house that they have lived in for 32 years, so before I looked at the house I said to my mom "Everything will be okay" she said in a calm casual voice - "I know honey I just smelled smoke". LONG STORY SHORT - no smoke, no flames, no fire....we were smelling someone elses backyard fire pit. My mom and dad both smelled it and then as our AC kicked on it brought the smell into the house, there was a light haze over one light in the living room and my parents were having a little trouble with one of the lights in their bedroom. My dad called 911 and 4 huge fire trucks arrived, my kids freaked a little bit but know Lucy tells the story everyday. She now knows rescue is 911 and Lucy and Lola can yell rescue really LOUD! It is pretty funny now!


No comments: