Every 3 months Lola has to have her blood drawn to monitor her thyroid. Since birth her thyroid has been irregular and so the doctors have kept a close eye on it. I dread more than anything going to the lab to have them drawn blood from my sweet baby. I start planning about a week before I have to have it done because I "change" my plans so much and end up leaving this task to the last minute. This month was the same, Megan was in town so I found every excuse not the take her, then asked Adam to take her, but then decided I wanted to be there, back and forth, back and forth. So I took her yesterday and when they called our name my heart sank. We got up in the chair she put her arm out, and the nurse says "1,2,3". Nothing happens, Lola is chattering to me looking at my phone. I said to the nurse, "did that not work" she told me "It sure did, I am almost finished". WHAT?? Lola is not squirming, crying and really vaguely aware the are pricking the heck out of her. Lola looks over at the tubes of blood and says "Oh pretty". I am still in shock. The man told her she did a great job, she replied with a kind "thank you" and he let her choose her sticker and we were on our way. I am still just in awe over this. What a girl! So proud of my tough Lola. Wish I could have been so tough with all the poking I have gotten throughout pregnancy.
Look at this happy playful face - who would have thought?

1 comment:
Lola, I just love your combo of both tough and sweet. What a trooper you are.
Post a Comment