Thursday, November 19, 2009

We Love the Milam's - Brewsters and play date

Play Date Food - this is where we spent a lot of time.
Connor and Lucy
Connor is so happy all the time
Humm, what are these two girls up to? Layne and Lucy
So the picture is dark but here is a picture of the kids playing.
Connor and his awesome army crawl
Lucy was telling Parker a story

Swinging at Brewsters
She was having a blast!
Lucy and Dad - he must have put her on the slide 100 times!
Family picture at the play ground
Yesterday, Lucy and I met Adam at a local restaurant Brewster's Street to say farewell to the head groundskeeper at the Hooks as he and his wife will be moving to the triple A team in Round Rock. We love Brewster's because they have a playground! Connor also was there so Lucy and him enjoyed time playing in the beautiful weather! The swing and the slide are favorites at this point.
Today my good friend Brooke hosted a play date at her house. Wow let me just say it was the best! She invited a great group of little kids and her food was amazing. I will compare her to Martha Stewart, her house is always perfect, clean and her son is always so dang darling. We love the Milam's so much. Aside from Brooke and Connor, Katie was there with her two girls Layne and Elliot, Amanda and her daughter Parker and one of Brooke's neighbors Elizabeth with her daughter Sydney. Connor was the only boy...he had his pick of the girls. As usual Lucy and Connor shared many kisses! We are staking our claim on him!!! Lucy loves playing with other children. She really enjoys her time with Layne. Layne will be 3 in January and I think Lucy really likes being around her since she is older. She is really good with Lucy, it seems whatever Layne finds to play with Lucy decides she needs to have. This has become my first parenting challenge. I try to tell her to share but don't feel like it makes sense to her yet. Luckily Katie is so nice and Layne and Lucy end up kissing and hugging. Layne even calls Lucy her "best girl". It was a great day and again I have to say I am overly blessed with good girlfriends!

1 comment:

The Milam's said...

I had so much fun today and I'm so glad you and miss Lucy could make it. The pictures of Lucy swinging with her striped tights is the cutest thing ever. Do you realize that we have had some type of date almost everyday this week!