Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Dolphin Encounter

Adam had an awesome "business meeting" on Friday! He was invited to go to the Texas State Aquarium to enjoy a dolphin encounter. He went with 2 other co-workers and got a tour of the aquarium, and got to meet these friendly dolphins, Shadow and Ky. They got into the water about knee deep and learned the signals the dolphins responded to. He had so much fun, as you can tell! Justin, Andy, the trainer, and Adam
Shadow and Adam holding...fins? Hands?

He couldn't leave without a kiss!
This will tell you how much Adam is brainwashing Lucy. The OU game came on this evening and Lucy started saying OU and then ran up and kissed the TV.
A baby update: I am 35 weeks pregnant and we are all getting really anxious to meet the new addition to our family. The last month or so Lucy has been kissing my belly and says baby, although I know she doesn't understand what is about to happen I think it is progress. This pregnancy has been a dream. I have felt amazing and really some days I haven't even felt pregnant I haven't had one day of being sick - yeah! This baby is a mover and wiggles all the time. I love that feeling so much, it is such a special bond and feeling. The last week I can tell I am nearing the end, I am having a harder time getting around. I have managed to sneak some naps in while Lucy is asleep which really isn't like me, but well needed. Night time is a little harder getting sleep as my stomach is beginning to cramp up every now and then and those lovely frequent bathroom trips. Although my comfort level has gotten worse, it makes me more excited knowing I only have a few more weeks to wait. I had a doctors appointment this past week and the doctor thinks the baby is already engaged and ready to go. I promised myself I would not get too excited thinking we may have an early arrival because with Lucy being 8 days late - I think I would just be setting myself up. I will enjoy these last few week with Lucy as an only child. We have a few play dates planned, dates with dad and a few special activities. It is amazing how quickly her 14 months have gone - I want to make sure I cherish every second.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Huey couple is anxiously awaiting the new arrival! So glad all is going well with everyone and Sarah, prayers that the baby brother or sister will come early and all will be terrific. You and Adam have an amazing life and way of sharing it with Lucy, it can only be better with two. Hugs to all of you. We love watching Lucy grow up and look forward to another. Thanks again for sharing your family even if it is just through notes and photos. Makes us miss being parents and grandparents even more but appreciate getting to watch others. Slobbery smootches to everyone!

The Milam's said...

I can't beleive baby Nuse is just a month (or less) away! Sarah you have done so amazing with the pregnancy - you're an inspiration. Sounds like there was a lot of fun activities going on with the Nuse clan this weekend.

Kathleen said...

What a fun adventure for Adam!! He looked pretty thrilled. I'm so excited to find out if the Nuse's will be buying more pink or switching it up. Heck, boys look cute in pink button downs. :-) Enjoy your time with Lucy and send some of that "no sickness" mojo my way. Ha!

The Life of Blights said...

Wow girl. You're almost done! Can't wait to hear about the happy arrival. Happy Thanksgiving!