
Date with Dad! Lucy and Adam had a very special date on Tuesday. Lucy got all dressed up and was so excited when we pulled up to the stadium and started saying "Daddy, Daddy". She loves her Daddy! They walked across to Brewster's street and enjoyed grill cheese, a cookie and the amazing playground. While they were enjoying time together I got to go to lunch with some girlfriends. Brooke, Jen, Virginia and I went to Hester's for lunch and then got a little shopping in - although no purchases. It was fun to get to spend time with the girls. Brooke has been so good about setting activities for us to do. Thursday she is hosting a play date at her house - it will be a hoot! I am sure we will be posting pictures from that fun event! Life is so fun with girlfriend time!!!

The best neighbors! We have the greatest neighbors ever - June and Skip live right across the street from us and take such good care of each of us. Adam and skip play golf, June will take Lucy on walks to give me a little time to catch up on things, and they have us over for dinner about every other week. She is an amazing cook and they are both so great with Lucy. During the days Lucy and I go visit June about 3 -4 times a week just to say hi. Last night they had us over for an early "Thanksgiving Pizza Party". They know Lucy very well. They knew to give her the meal first and then bring out the fruit otherwise the pizza never would have been eaten. Lucy rules the house when she is there and June and Skip love that (or so they say). We are so lucky to have them in our life, we are blessed!

Lucy Nuse just inherited the biggest shoe collection in the world. I feel really guilty about it because there are so many. One of my friends has 2 little girls that are 3 & 4, always dressed precious and totally with the latest styles. My friend was telling me how she needed to go through the girls closets and start getting rid of stuff. She told me a lot of it would fit Lucy perfectly. Most still had the tags on them and very few of the shoes had ever been worn. I thought sure, if I don't want them I can always donate which was honestly what I thought would happen - WRONG! Dee gave us 4 tubs - not the little tubs - BIG tubs of shoes and clothing and she was so right tags still on them NEVER BEEN WORN. I was in awe, so last night I went shopping in the tubs of items. I was amazed at all the darling outfits that had never been touched from newborn to 4T. She has her girls match on most days so not only did she have one cute outfit - but 2 of them in 2 different sizes. You know the outfit - the apples dress, with the apple sweater, apple tights and the apples shoes - I am talking full outfit did I mention NEVER BEEN WORN? Adam and I were going through everything and I was feeling so guilty - what 1 yr old needs all these shoes. Friends and family have helped me feel better - we may end up with more girls in our family, then cousins, friends and donation can always happen. Since it is free to us why not enjoy - so we are! Anyway, I just had to share this shoe collection because when I look at the picture my jaw still hits the floor and keep in mind these are just the shoes I have considered keeping - there were many many more however enough is enough. Don't bother counting I will tell you in this picture are 71 pairs of shoes. Shall I open a shoe store? Now if I can only convince my friend to go through her closet and start "getting rid of things" the Nuse girls would be set!
Lucy went to her first arts and crafts "class" although not really a class. Any of you in Corpus need to go over to Portland and go to the Creative Arts Center and have your children paint. The couple that own it are amazing and were so great with Lucy. We worked on a special project for Lucy's grandparents and she also made a little platter to put Santa's cookies on at our house. WE get to pick up her final project on Friday! I will post pictures later. I don't want to spoil our grandparents surprise!!
3 comments:
busy busy! i don't know what to comment on first! Ok.. THE SHOES! That is so awesome! How fun! you got it right, you should open a stride rite! haha You know if Baby #2 is a boy, I know a girl that would be very interested in those shoes ;)
That's so cute that adam and lucy had a date! I think I need to send molly with Erik for one of those!
And how lucky are y'all to have such great neighbors! Tell June and Skip that there is a house for sale next door to us! haha
That shoe situation is truly amazing! What I want to see next is how you organize them in Miss Lucy's closet. I want to see your friend with 2 girls closet!! :-) What fun!
OMG! Those shoes are crazy, but I can believe it. You need to use them and enjoy them! Hopefully they'll keep the supply coming, and Lucy will have shoes and clothes for life!
I am getting anxious for some "news"!
Post a Comment