Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween, Murder Mystery, Grant's Farm and Much More!

We just arrived home from the last trip we will take as a family of 3. Next time we jump on an airplane our sweet little baby "Hankaline" will be joining us. This was Lucy's 16th round trip flight...this girl is a great flyer. We went to St. Louis to enjoy some crisp weather, awesome family time, and trick-or-treating like I remember growing up. My sister Jennie and Matt had my entire family visit for 5 days in St. Louis. It was so much fun. We went to Grant's Farm where Lucy and Adam fed goats, Lucy rode on a carousel, and she pet a chinchilla and a little mouse named Lucy. Halloween could not have been more perfect we were dressed as a team - Adam a baker, I was an oven (with a bun of course) and Lucy was a little cupcake. My mom and sister were a crow and scarecrow, the Marchals were the 3 Little pigs and my dad was a classic clown...doing magic tricks all night for the little kids! The deal was we had to make our costumes...like we did growing up. It was fun and a little challenging. While in St. Louis, Adam put together a Murder Mystery Party to celebrate my birthday. He sent out invitations to my family we all dressed the part as we tried to solve the Murder at the Honky Tonk. It was a wonderful trip and we made many memories! I am so thankful and very blessed to have the family I do! Adam is the most amazing husband, I am a lucky girl! Gannon and Lucy LOVE each other and had a blast together
They were dancing to Tippi Toes and jumping on the couch

Adam and Lucy feeding the goats
My Honky Tonk husband at the Murder Mystery
Trick-or-Treating for the first time
The whole crew on Halloween - check out these costumes!
Our family!
Our little Cupcake
She loved this ride...once she got the hang of it! Grants Farm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is what I was talking about!!!! Those pictures are absolutely adorable of everyone! What a precious idea the Nuse family had for costumes! Sarah, I cannot believe how tiny you are to be so far along. Adam, you look cool as a "honky tonk cowboy" and little Lucy is an adorable cupcake. Thanks for sharing the story and for putting the pictures. Sam and I both enjoyed them very much. Hugs to all. Lucy, give mommy and daddy a big slobbery kiss from the Huey's.

The Life of Blights said...

I love your bun in the oven costume. Hilarious! Gosh girl, your bun is almost done!! Time flies!!!

The Milam's said...

Looks like you guys had a great halloween! Your costumes were super cute, good work mom!

Kathleen said...

Sarah, Can't believe how close we are to Nuse Baby 2!! Crazy!! Your family is so stinkin creative, it is so awesome. I can tell you all had a great time.

Ryan and Rikke said...

Such cute costume ideas! And such a cute family you have. Keep us posted when Baby #2 finally arrives - can't wait to see pictures!