
We are still amazed we have not welcomed our baby yet, but we know the day is coming soon...how long have I been saying this? I honestly started this blog to update you on our baby and how we adjust to parenthood...hummm we still don't know. We are going to the doctor often 3 times last week and 2 times this week to keep checking on Lanky. So far so good, they check breathing, movement, measurements, fluid and so on. The first time Adam and I had the test, which is done through an ultra sound, the tech said "everything is good, but your baby is not breathing" - WHAT? NOT BREATHING?...she started to laugh as I was about to cry and she said "I mean your baby is not practice breathing". We had not heard of this before. So I am breathing for the baby right now but a few times every 10 minutes the baby will take some practice breaths which helps the doctors know the lungs are developing. Finally after we cleared that up, the baby was practicing and Adam and I were relieved.
My mom came in town this past weekend as well as my sister Jennie and her son Gannon. It was a blessing as they entertained us, helped take our mind off the wait, and played the "what if the baby comes tonight" game...which Adam and I have played for 3 weeks straight. My mom stayed in town and is helping us wait...yeah! We managed to pamper ourselves today getting our toes and nails done and met Adam for lunch. It was great!
I hope more than anyone we have news soon! God will bless our life before we know it, and we are thankful!
My mom came in town this past weekend as well as my sister Jennie and her son Gannon. It was a blessing as they entertained us, helped take our mind off the wait, and played the "what if the baby comes tonight" game...which Adam and I have played for 3 weeks straight. My mom stayed in town and is helping us wait...yeah! We managed to pamper ourselves today getting our toes and nails done and met Adam for lunch. It was great!
I hope more than anyone we have news soon! God will bless our life before we know it, and we are thankful!
A picture of Adam when he was a baby!
6 comments:
Sarah, I pray yalls baby gets his/her looks from your side of the family! JK. Hope Lanky come today!
I remember when we got that photo of Adam - I must have been 5 or 6 and was so proud of my new cousin:) Our thoughts and prayers go out to you in these very exciting next few days!
Christy
Sarah, Adam, and Baby,
I woke up in the middle of the night last night. I don't do that too often but I had an important activity today and I guess it was messing with my mojo. Eyes opened, I was first thinking about the day to come then my thoughts turned to the baby. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding; in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." appeared as a text in my brain.
That was good enough for me---I went back to sleep, had a terrific day and carried the baby in my heart all day. Sometimes I guess it is good to trust, not lean, acknowledge, and follow directions.
Look forward to seeing the three of you real soon.
Buzz
Sarah and Harry,
It's my fault you haven't had Lanky yet. I've been praying you'd hold out until August 25th! I bet I'm not the only one.
All 3 of you are in my prayers for a nice, safe and smooth delivery. Seriously, come on, you can wait 5 more days!! :) Lots of love,
Mary-Clare
I am so excited! We will be grandparents by the weekend! Yeah!
Being a music enthusiast...
listen to the iTunes-IMix I made for you.
Warning...Some of these songs may make you cry... ~~LUVU
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects
/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=288839148
I'm not really appreciating that nurses sense of humor! You can't scare an expecting mom like that!
Post a Comment