Ever since Adam and I found out we were having a baby we have always pinpointed in our mind the awesome date of 8-8-08. We knew we would be getting ready for the baby at that point and thought that could be the day! Well, we had a doctors appointment yesterday and I haven't made any progress. Of course the doctor tells us that doesn't mean much, but me being so competitive...it does mean a lot! I had in my mind being in the hospital with Adam watching opening ceremonies...that is so silly I know! We even hosted our own Nuse Olympics on the 4th of July...in honor of Lanky. As you can see Adam was representing team Lucy in his pink shirt.
So, what have I done...walked, walked, walked...and walked. Adam and I went with Wrigley to the dog park last night, which we always do, and instead of venturing home we took a walk. Then I woke up this morning and Wrigley and I went for about a 35-minute walk. Mind you, I had not been super religious on my walking lately since it has been so darn hot, but today with this amazing 73 degree weather I went after it. Anyway, I will let you know if walking an old wives tale to induce labor? or does it really work? We will see!!!
A side from that, my girlfriend in the neighborhood is due in October and was just put on bed rest. Tonight Adam and I will WALK over to her house and watch the opening ceremonies with her and her husband! We will be in good company!
Happy Olympics to everyone!
1 comment:
oh you look so cute!!
Post a Comment