Yesterday our neighbor June drove with me to Houston for Lola's thyroid appointment. She is still being monitored closely for her hypothyroidism. We found out last month she has a rare case of hypothyroid resistance. Adam and I have struggled to understand this to begin with and this has thrown us for a loop. Lola is totally doing great and has had no problems since she has stayed on this medicine. Originally they were going to try to take her off the medicine at age 3 and do a trial month with no meds. Since this is a new development she will continue to be seen by our doctor in Houston every 3 months. We feel so blessed there is amazing medicine and Lola is responding so beautifully to it.
So...since we have to make this trip we decided to add some fun in. Originally Adam was going to go and we were going to spend the weekend with the Milams. Since Adam couldn't go due to a work commitment our amazing neighbor June joined me and helped me all day. We just went for the day (4 hours there - 3 hrs at the dr - 2 hours at the zoo - 4 hours home). It was a long fun day (after the dr)
Lola getting her test. Poor baby has to give blood every 3 months. The older she gets the harder it is - she knows its coming. She did great! It was the first time Lucy watched her give blood. Lucy kept covering her mouth and eyes and saying "Lola this is terrible, it looks like it is hurting SO BAD" - next time Lucy will stay in the waiting room with June. Oh and if you are wondering (Yes! That is her mini mouse swimsuit under her dress!)
We had to wait about an hour for them to draw Lola's blood - Lucy went up to the counter and said "Can you please hurry up" - she didn't even think twice. I thought at first she was just looking at the counter but then when that came out of her mouth I FREAKED!
Finally at the zoo! Hank was sound asleep
Stinky elephants
I love this picture!
And this picture - Lucy was talking to Hank about the animals! Such a great big sister!
Hank loved climbing the fence
The monkeys were a hoot!
Lucy and the monkey named Lucy!
Hank loved the freedom to run all over the zoo - he deserved it after all the time in the car
Feeding the giraffes was a highlight!
Lola feeding the giraffe
We missed Adam so much - but it was so much fun!
Hank loved the carousel I had to pry his hands off the bar when it was over
sideways but oh so cute!!
Sweet June and Lola!
4 comments:
What a way to make not such a fun day fun! Lola you are such a tough little girl! We missed you guys but hopefully will see you soon.
What a wonderful mom you are to make the trip to houston a fun event instead of a bummer! Lucky lucky lucky kiddos!
how great to make a dr's visit fun!
Oh my goodness, I am cracking up about Lucy going to the counter to ask what was taking so long! :) And I absolutely love it that Lola loves her swimsuit! You have three beautiful babies! And I can tell you are loving every minute! I wish we could get our kids together sometime!!!
Post a Comment