An Art Party - Can we pencil you in? We had such a blast celebrating Lucy's 4th birthday with 10 of her best girlfriends. Our theme was art party/hello kitty. We had art projects for the girls, wooden marker project, foam and coloring. They were all so sweet and were so good to each other. Lucy loved every minute of her party and the hours leading up to it and still talking about it. When the door would ring she would run to the door and hug her friends welcoming them to the party. A few times she would say "Come give the birthday girl a squeeze" and pick her friends up with a big hug. She loved being in the spotlight! She loved opening her gifts and I loved how she remembered her manners. After each gift she would give the little girl who gave it to her a big huge hug.
I have to say this is my first party without my best buddy Brooke to help. It was certainly not the same without the entire Milam crew there. I think this party would make Brooke proud although I would much rather work together on the next birthday! I realized while working on Lucy's party how much Brooke has taught me. Every single detail counts and one of the biggest lessons - it is so much more fun to plan ahead and do it all yourself. Lucy helped with most all the details from picking the invitation to the cake, to the crafts.
Making the cake!
I took all the help I could get!
Coloring table
Aprons on the back of the girls chairs. I had these made for the party!
My first DIY project - I still don't get these but everyone else does so I tried it!
The party room is READY!! Just like Brooke taught me move all the furniture and get ready to PARTY!
The Sweetest Little 4 yr old ever!!
Strike a Pose!
She was really into these pictures!
Lucy got a specialty apron - with an L on it!
I'm 4!
Look who needed pictures too - Lola is 2!
Girls were loving the camera!
Greatest dad!
The homemade birthday cake!
Mimosa's
PB&J sandwiches for the girls
Flavored water
Fruit
Summer Salad
pepper sticks
rice crispy paint brushes
It was an all girl party - only boys that were invited: Hank, Dad, Poppy, Papa Newt & Rob (Parkers Dad). Lucy has decided boys are "gross because they have armpit hair" - really?!? She cracks me up!
The girls working on the hello kitty project
Lucy in the middle of the action
Enjoy some crafts before lunch
I love this picture - we have almost everyone. From left to right: Ashaila, Zen, Reese, Lola, Libby, Syndey, Laliani, Lucy, Parker and Olivia - not pictured Johanna
Getting ready for the cake!
Lucy was such a ham. She had everyone laughing while she was blowing out the cake!
Lucy and her best buddy Parker. Parker is so special to us because she was Lucy's very first friend. They are 3 weeks apart and love hanging out together.
Lola working so hard on her project - she ended up loving this foam hat and wore it the rest of the day.
The girls reading a birthday card from Parker - a singing frog.
Hank working on his art project too!
Present time!!!
Hugs to Libby! One of my favorite little friends. She is in Lola's class at school and everyday when Lola comes home she says she played with Libby that day!!!
Sweet Lucy!












5 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed at Lucy's party. Sarah you did great. I got sad reading your post and seeing the pictures of you making the cake, boy do I wish I could have been their having fun with you making everything. The party looks like it was an absolute blast, I LOVE the aprons! I hate that we had to miss Lucy's party - what has the world come to. Happy early birthday miss Lucy!
What a cute party! Love all the details! Especially the aprons and "creative juice." :) Happy Birthday Lucy!
Oh man!! That looks like the perfect party!!! The pb&j sandwiches were awesome and of course so was the cake! Those were great pics!! She is the sweetest 4 year old!!!
Great Job Sarah! Everything was sooo cute!!
Happy belated Birthday Lucy! Sarah - way to go!! That cake looks amazing!!!
Post a Comment