Saturday, February 11, 2012

Secret & Magical Closet

I have said many times over how lucky we are to have June and Skip as our neighbors BUT OMG - They are UNREAL! In Adam and my room we have a little storage closet. One day I was telling June that of all the toys the kids always want to play in the tiny closet and I should just paint it. Well, that is all it took for her to get super involved and help me transform this tiny dull closet into a kids play heaven! She had such a vision of what she wanted it to look like and made each room special. Skip was totally in on it too - measuring, building and even getting people at his office involved to help. Now if that is not love...I don't know what is. It was also really fun because for about 2 weeks June would come over and as she put it "hide" in our closet. Somedays the kids wouldn't even know she was there - talk about TRUE LOVE! We love you so much June and Skip thank you so much!!!!!
The curtains - the girls hand prints and Hanks feet. June painted the scene - UNREAL!
After a long day of working in the closet Skip and Hank feel asleep in our room. How many people can say their neighbor fell asleep in their room with their baby - ha thats still funny to me.
Skip and June deciding what to do with the chalkboard he built
June and our babysitter Annika and I painting in the closet while the kids were napping - it was so much fun!
The first time Lucy saw it - SHE WAS PUMPED!
Lola loved that we moved their couch in the room.
Well deserved HUG!
After all her work she still had to beg Lola for a hug.
FINALLY!
A few more final touches!
Now the girls got to help!