Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy 2011! We had a great time ringing in the new year with our sweet girls and 2 amazing families! We invited everyone over early so the kids could play because I was sure by 8ish the kids would be tired and ready for bed and ok maybe the moms too. Well, I was wrong and we were all ROCK STARS! It was a total blast. The Milam's and Diaz families came over around 5 we had pizza for the kids and we all made appetizers and dessert (which Adam did ask a few times, where's dinner?) We ended up throwing in another pizza for the boys because bruschetta, 7 layer mexican dip (which I was craving) and cheese balls weren't cutting it for them. The kids played so well and so did the dads. Jeni, Brooke and I did a great job chatting it up until 11:30pm! Adam, Michael and Nathan went and got the Wii Minute to Win It and it kept them entertained for hours. Lola fell asleep at 9:15ish, and Lucy toasted at 11:00 while we watched the ball drop in NY with the rest of us. She really enjoyed the sparkling grape juice. It was a memorable night!
We have so much to be looking forward to this year! Most importantly a sweet new baby to join our family in July. We are so excited! 2010 was great to us and we know 2011 will bring so much more happiness.

Here are the girls earlier in the day taking a rest from coloring
Lola swinging outside
Look at this smile - Connor, Brooke and Milam's little boy is SO PRECIOUS!!!
HOLD ON LOLA!!!!
Swinging on the big boy swing
Lucy loves her new play ground
and the big girl swing too
I love this picture because it explains them...whatever one does, the other does too!
She prepares the slide by taking all the leaves off, then she is READY TO GO!
Connor loved the rock wall
Lola and Connor were ready to eat and were discussing "where the heck is the pizza?"
Lucy, Lola, Connor and Johanna - enjoying pizza on my table cloth that is too little. I have made this the kids cloth so my table doesn't get dirty!
Mr. Dayne - what a cutie. This is Jeni and Nathan's 5 week old. He is perfect. He didn't peep all night! Lucy was in heaven with him, so was I. I snagged about 10 minutes of holding him and loved every minute!
Lola and Johanna playing. Johanna dressed to the 9's - this girl always looks great! OK and check out Lola's belly...how funny is that!
Here are all the kids (minus Dayne) playing on the floor, it was so precious!
Then comes the Wii. The dads were playing but the kids took the other remote and we encouraged them they were doing great too!
She was very serious about her Wii games!
I think a secret Wii pro. She was chatting with us and would say "I'll give it a try" and would kick butt!
Michael and Connor really got after it!

3 comments:

The Milam's said...

We had a blast! Thanks for hosting us yet again. Can't wait to meet baby #3. And you ar starting the new year off with such swagga!

Rob and Jennifer said...

so fun! I just can't wait to see your you new one! Oh and Lola's belly was sooo funny!!

the diaz family said...

So fun...loved watching the kids actually PLAY together. Thank you again!!!