Lucy started a mothers day out program today. She was so excited to go to "school". I have really been hesitant on doing this because I love my time with her so much. However, I really have also been wanting more one on one time with Lola. Adam and I felt Lucy would love the social aspect of school and all the kids she would get to play with. Lola and I are getting some amazing quality time just even after this one day. I think it will be so much fun for all of us. Her school is called Rainbow Express. Adam, Lola and I went to drop her off today. You would have thought she has been going there for years. She walked in put her lunch down and said "Bye Mom, see you later". She walked up to the table where all the kids were sitting and joined in the activity. Her teachers are Miss Noemi and Miss Ruth. They were sweet as could be to Lucy. Lucy never even looked back at us. I did get a little teary, but knew when I saw how happy she was that this would be a great day. After filling out some paper work I peeked back in and Lucy said to the teacher "Oh cool, a book about cars" - she seemed to be doing great. As I went to pick her up, the expression on her face was priceless - she was so excited to see Lola and I. "Mom, your at school". Oh, she melted my heart. The teachers said she did great. When we got in the car I told her we were headed home. She said "Mom you go home and I stay at school" - ok so that sums it up - she had a great time. As we were driving I played 1000 questions. I wanted to know everything she did. She was very quite, and tired from the day. She wasn't answering my questions then she looked at me and said "Mom, will you stop asking me all those questions". I nearly died. She had a great day, Lola and I had some really awesome time together and I think we will be lucky to make it to Lucy's bedtime, she is worn out!
1 comment:
I LOVE that school! I want Ellie to go to that school when we come back!
Post a Comment