Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Step Closer

Monday morning my mom had her left knee replaced. My sister Megan who many of you know as aunt Fave and my dad have been with her helping her recover in Tulsa. Of course I wish I could be there but I know I would with 2 little kids I may be a little less help than needed. My sister Jennie is going in a few weeks before her traveling days are over before her second baby is born. I think Megan could now be Aunt Fave and Daughter Fave after all the help she has been to my mom and dad. "Mom did awesome and her surgeon was really happy with his work! She got up and actually walked the same day she had the replacement and continues to heal and make progress! My mom's pain tolerance is crazy!!! The nurses and techs keep asking her about her pain and they can't believe how happy and cheerful she is! Everyone who comes in and works with her says she is doing really great which is uplifting for all of us, but especially my mom. My mom is looking forward to being able to walk pain free which will be the first time for her to experience pain free walking in about 15 years." (copied from Megan's blog)
As my title says "One Step Closer" my mom will finally be able to do many things that she has been wanting to do and the things that top her list; going on walks with my dad and playing golf without pain, taking her grandchildren on walks in the new cool wagon she and my dad have, going for LONG shopping trips with us girls and the possibility of her favorite sport - to play tennis again. We know she has a while to recover they say about 3 months until she will be pleased she went through this!
I am so amazed with my mom, I can just imagine what an incredible patient she was, cheerful, sweet and hard working which I know the doctors and nurses appreciate. Making the decision to do this took a while for my mom but I think already she is so thankful. She is an amazing women - YEAH MOM! We are all so proud of you and love you so much.

3 comments:

The Milam's said...

We will pray for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear that her surgery and recovery are going well.

Steph M said...

I'm so glad to hear your Mom is doing so well! I'm guessing she's where you get your positive upbeat attitude.

We're coming to Corpus next week for the banquet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Sarah, your mom is in our prayers. Glad to hear she had it done and is feeling a difference already. Sam is needing both done but he keeps putting it off. You guys are really blessed with an awesome relationship in your families, hang on to that. Now, just one quick question, when can Aunt Fave come to my house, wink-wink?! Debbie Huey