Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mama I Pee Pee

Yes! You read this title correctly! Lucy has begun potty training. This post could be too much info for some of you but bare with me. I really wasn't thinking this would come this early but about 2 weeks ago Lucy told me she went pee. I decided it was time to get out our little potty to help her. The next day she said it again, I didn't know what to do and I haven't read up to learn what I should be doing so I put her on our toilet and there you go...she went and whats even cooler she went poop. She cried as she was pooping and I celebrated so much that she joined in the fun. We were clapping, yelling and dancing around the bathroom. I wasn't even prepared for a sticker or a treat. Well that was enough for her to continue. The next day...poop in the potty! We were out to dinner for Adam's birthday, while sitting at the table she told me she needed to pee - and yes at the restaurant she went. So I am thinking she was getting the hang of it. Well yesterday she once again told me she needed to pee. I took her into the bathroom she took her diaper off - STOOD over her little pink potty and pee peed like DAD!?!?! OH NO! I didn't know what to do. She was yelling "I peed" and began to clap and dance...what did I do - clap and danced too, I was pleased even if she was peeing like a boy. It was so funny. It is true the saying "be careful what you do, they will follow EXACTLY". We are on our way. Now if we can get more than one potty time a day - that is our next goal! We will keep you updated!

4 comments:

The Milam's said...

GO LUCY GO LUCY GO!

Steph M said...

Oh my gosh! Way to go Lucy!! What a smart, big girl!

kmcelroy said...

that is the most adorable story, ever! it reminds me of the story of liz sitting on her new potty chair when she was little, thinking it was a bleacher because she went to so many basketball games to watch her sisters, and yelling "go st. mary!" :)

Kathleen said...

So impressive!! You are inspiring me to go there with Jackie. So far she pushes the potty around the house like a lawn mower. :-)