Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1 Nap, 2 Naps, No Naps?


Is it that time already? Giving up a nap? Is that a hard thing to adjust to? I have been struggling the last 2 weeks with Lucy's nap schedule. She was a perfect napper up until about 2 weeks ago. She was clockwork - 9:30-11:15 and 2:30-4:00. I knew I needed to get errands run in that amount of time to be home for the precious naps. About 2 weeks ago Lucy decided not to take that morning nap. I put her in bed like normal and let her cry it out like normal which really only takes about a minute and she would crash...well not this day, I kept looking at the clock. She wasn't crying but more talking, playing and having a grand ole time. I wasn't worried because I thought she was entertaining herself and using her imagination. I loved it. I found myself glued to the monitor in aww of her. OK so scratch that nap. She was really tired for nap #2 fell right to sleep about 2:00 but awake 30 minutes later to what...play! Alright that was just a crazy day. Day 2, same deal, Day 3 - "aww mom I think I am going to skip both naps...but you can try all day to get me to sleep." This is almost more exhausting, work so hard rocking, shhhing (yes that came back), letting her cry...so much time past but I wasn't going to give up, plus she is not much on me sitting as I rocker her so she perches her little booty on my baby bump and gets really comfortable - me not so much, but love the snuggles. Day 4 (weekend - Adam was home he can help!) Lucy - "yeah dads home I will show him my new trick...not sleeping". Day 5 - one long nap from 12 - 3 - did we figure it out? NO...day 6 - one 20 minute nap, Day 7....you get the point. Anyway there have now been 2 full weeks of this craziness today with another "no nap". They always say you can get your child in position to sleep have everything right, but you can't close their eyes and make them go to sleep. So needless to say 6:30 rolls around and Lucy is conked out. I am determined to get on a schedule and figure it out. I think much has to do with those big chompers in the back of her mouth that are coming in...we will see. The great thing about this, is she doesn't give me the cranky card...too much. When she is up she is still happy, sweet and playful - it must be me and my pregnant belly that just needs a few minutes to myself though out the day and I am a big believer that kids need their sleep. I have decided I am pleased with one nap per day and getting adjusted to that before our baby #2 comes in mid-December.
On another note Lucy is in love with her bathrobes. We got a few when she was born that she is just now able to fit into and she thinks she is a rock star - well she is...check her out!

4 comments:

Megan said...

i dont think i have ever seen a 1 year old in a robe like that!!! i love it! it is so cute and funny!

Steph M said...

Hopefully you're right about her teeth. Those molars were tough on Lane's nap schedule too. Love the fluffy pink robe, Lucy is too cute!

Kathleen said...

Well, if this helps at all, once the kids at Jackie's school turn oneish, they start getting only 1 nap during the day. They sleep from 11:30 - 2ish. We try to stick to that on the weekends, but doesn't always work. Good luck getting on a schedule!! She's so cute in her bath robe. Sounds like she took the haircute like a champ!!

Anonymous said...

Lucy, Sam and Debbie say you are one hot little number and a movie star for sure in the robe!!!! You've got it going on there chickie! Mommie's little tummy looks too cute and so little! Give it a rub for me. It is hard to believe you are going to have a baby brother or sister by Christmas! Way cool! Hugs to daddy!