So it is mother's day...my first with 3 children (3 1/2, 2 and 10 months) I love this day not because I am a mother but because I learned from the best mother - my sweet mom. It is amazing the impact our moms have on our life - from the moment we are born as we grow up. Even though I live far from my mom things she has taught me I carry with me every single day. I do so many things like my mom - or at least I try too. My mom is so great at making moments count, making them special and making people feel special. She is a giver and she has more patience than 100 mothers. She is loving, gentle and kind. I am lucky my children have her as their Grammie.
As I am aware of what my mom has given me it puts that much more pressure on me to try and be the kind of women she is. I want my children to feel like they were raised with the unconditional love my mother give me everyday, I want my children to always know that no matter what the circumstance I am on their side, that I will always be there for them, and that I am their biggest cheerleader. I feel that from my mom and it means the world to me. My mom also has showed me the most important thing - how important marriage is. Anyone who knows my parents knows they are in love...I used to think it was funny when they would kiss and snuggle in public (DAD!) but looking at my family the single most important thing I can do in my children's life if to love Adam - It is not hard and the best job but the most important. My parents solid marriage and love has made the biggest impact on my life! Thank you mom!!
I could not have a better mom and for this reason it is her day - Happy Mother's Day to the most wonderful person in the world! I love you mom!!
This is one of my favorite pictures - Lucy and my mom doing what they do best - A TEA PARTY and "chatting"
Nobody gives snuggles like Grammie!
And of course getting pampered with a little make-up from Lola!!

1 comment:
The sweetest post ever. Happy mother's day to two wonderful mother's.
Post a Comment