OK gals your hubbies may know all the scoop about the Big 12 shake up that has gone on this last week but I bet they don't know the heart behind the man in charge. His name is Dan Beebe and is the commissioner of the Big 12. He has endured the most incredible week of his entire career. He has been blasted by the media and schools, he has had sleepless nights with the ultimate negotiation to figure out to save the Big 12. His way of doing this - PRAYER! He left it up to the Lord to help him figure out what most called the impossible. He kept reading the Bible in particular the book of Daniel 2:20-23. With the help of God he found away to save the Big 12 (BOOMER SOONER!)!
The reason I write this is because I find it so awesome that even in the highest positions people need God and seek God. Dan is married to my cousin Molly and they have sent verses and prayer requests from us last week and the beginning of this week. We have seen first hand how powerful prayer is and how no matter who you are you are in need of prayer. I am so proud of him and Molly and I see God's light shining on them now. So as your hubby is talking sports, shed light on the situation and let him know the heart behind the man.

Praise the name of God forever and ever,
for he has all wisdom and power.
21 He controls the course of world events;
he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the scholars.
22 He reveals deep and mysterious things
and knows what lies hidden in darkness,
though he is surrounded by light.
23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors,
for you have given me wisdom and strength.
You have told me what we asked of you
and revealed to us what the king demanded.”
2 comments:
Wow that's cool you guys are related! We don't have cable right now, so we've been out of the loop!
I'm studying Daniel right now. Just studied Daniel 2 tonight! It's an amazing Beth Moore Bible Study that is changing my whole perspective. How awesome to know a man was turning to God to help OU stay put in the Big 12. How cool is that!
Post a Comment