Sunday, January 19, 2014

We made it to BG

We made it to Bowling Green, Kentucky 1 week ago! So far we have had a smooth transition. Hank has asked to go back home almost everyday but seems to continue to get more comfortable here. The girls have created an even bigger bond, they requested to share rooms, they happily play with each other every waking hour of the day (thank you Lord) and they are both so sweet with Hank encouraging him to love our new house!
Adam is doing so awesome at work and loves his new job. There is so much for him to do it doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day but he is making huge progress. This will be an awesome year!

Our old house. The night before the movers came Lucy cleared her closet. She said "if I help it will go faster and I will see dad quicker"





Watching the big moving truck pull up!





An empty home is a strange feeling. So many memories, so many firsts and so much love in this home. God is amazing how he can bless us, then move us and bless us again. He will lead, and if we follow, His promises are so great!





Loaded up the last piece before we leave Corpus!





Look closely you can see the kids in the window. They were at June's all day while the packers, packed and loaded out house. I cried when I looked over and saw June looking out her window. Leaving her was a big loss to our family.





See you in Bowling Green!





We arrived at our new house 2 days and 20 hours in the car later. I love my kids but will never make that drive by myself with them again. Hank got sick and it just was really hard. When we arrived the kids went straight out to the back yard and checked out the new backyard. It was cold but they didn't seem to mind.





Checking out the beginnings of the snow falling.





Movie break! Our new favorite spot in our house, family time in the basement!





Finally the movers arrived





Sleet began coming down hard





While the movers were bringing everything in, this little guy requested a nap. He was in the middle of everything but wasn't bothered at all.





Going to dads office to check it all out.





Happy Birthday! We moved in on Adams 33rd bday. We had fun celebrating in our new house!





Girls helped make their playroom perfect for them.





Hank playing dress up while I was unpacking





Love this pic. Girls were working hard...in nothing. They were serious but I had to laugh.





Playing hide and seek in the new house! Bathtub is the perfect spot!





Snow day with my sweet boy!





- written with love for my sweet family. Capturing our love, life and memories!

2 comments:

The Milam's said...

I got tears in my eyes reading about leaving June and Skip, I can't imagine how hard that was for both of y'all. And how cool, you have a legit movie theater. I see some cool slumber parties with kids in the near future! And a swing set already - super awesome house! So glad everything is going so well and Hank is adjusting to the change.

Sara Bading said...

A MOVIE THEATER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?