Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thumb Sucker - NO MORE!!!










When I was pregnant with Lucy we went to an ultra sound appointment and on the tiny screen we would see Lucy sucking her thumb. We were amazed and thought it was so adorable. After she was born she quickly found her thumb. Once her hair began to grow in she became multi talented and would twirl her hair with one hand and suck her other thumb. The problem being she would twirl so hard she would yank out her hair. Over time we noticed her pig tales were lopsided due to this twirling and began noticing her teeth were turning out due to the thumb sucking. We tried so many things, bitter nail, gum, rewarding for not thumb sucking. Lucy understood it wasn't good but it was a habit. I was expressing my concern to a friend that this will be the hardest habit to break and I felt so frustrated - she led me to Mavala. I had it in my shopping cart for weeks online but didn't purchase right away because none of us want our child to be uncomfortable, but after our trip to Tulsa when she was lacking sleep and her hair was thinning even more I purchased it. 4 days in it has been the greatest purchase yet! It is a horrible tasting ointment that we put on her finger. There are no side effects aside from the bitter taste left in her mouth. Adam and I both put it on our nails before hers so we would know what she was tasting and 4 days later that stuff is still on there. It says it is so powerful so you only apply it every 2 days for a month. I am so excited and hope this is the end of her thumb sucking!! Way to go Miss Lucy!

No comments: