Saturday, November 13, 2010
Sent to the Office
On Thursday I went to pick Lucy up from school with Lola and my dad whom I had just picked up from the airport. We were so excited to see Lucy's face when she saw my dad, we walked into the school all geared up to surprise Lucy. As we walked in the door the director asked if she could talk to me. I was thinking it was something having to do with Tippi Toes and scheduling but she said "Lucy had to come to the office today". What the office? She is 2?!? I said, "OK, what happened". It was nap time and Lucy was not listening to her teachers to lay down instead talking and moving around. Her teachers asked if she wanted to take a nap or go to the office. She said "I think I'll go to the office" - smart girl - she didn't know the office was a naughty place to be. The director tried to explain she wasn't listening to her teachers and that is why she needed to come to the office. Lucy said she understood and went back to her class and fell asleep the rest of the time. When we got home I told Adam that Lucy had to go to the office so he asked Lucy about what happened in her words "Well dad I wasn't listening to miss Ruth and miss Noemi so i went to the office instead, but next time I will listen" - honesty, I love it! I am still not sure she ever understood she was in trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah, that is hilarious! Lucy is too cute to send to the office. =)It sounds like she understood as she says she will listen next time. Too stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment