Sunday, September 12, 2010

Getting back up to date


We have had a really busy September so far. Tippi Toes has been so much fun these first 2 weeks as we continue to grow in enrollment and reach children all over through dance. Lucy and Lola go with me to most of the classes I visit and have so much fun! The first few weeks I typically observe 4-5 classes a week, checking in with all my teachers. I am blessed with amazing teachers who understand our mission at Tippi Toes and work hard at improving the lives of children. We have gotten more Adam time which I totally love. Now that the season is over he is home every night for play time, dinner, baths and bed - he makes everything so much better - I just love him so much!
Another thing that has kept me busy the last few days was we are in the finals to be on the show Shark Tank which airs on ABC. We found out via email from their casting director in which she sent me a 22 - page application and also assigned a 5 minute video. Megan and her hubby Chris came in since Megan and I had to do everything together. Many people asked "was it so much fun to put that together" answer was "NO". Not to bore you too much but really it was hard. We are going on Shark Tank asking for money/connections/help for our company SOFO Entertainment which is our children's entertainment company - Not for Tippi Toes. Our ultimate dream is to have a children's television show that will promote healthy eating, exercise and manners. The basic story comes from the book we wrote "Pink Ballet Shoes". In each episode it will get the children up dancing and being active. Our dream is to be the next Barney. Although many roll their eyes at Barney - you can't deny his success and his impact for children. Honestly, I think the show is great. So with that said we are not sure without it really being a lucrative business YET they may not want to bite. But any of you that watch the show know how they are, they can ripe you to pieces. We want to protect Tippi Toes without feeding that to the Sharks - but hope that they will bite on SOFO, which we feel is the better future business - more to come later. This is the project we spent most of our time on over Labor day.
Today, Adam and I took the girls to Lake Mathis and enjoyed an amazing day just the 4 of us! I love this special time with my family.

2 comments:

The Milam's said...

We have our fingers crossed for you and Tippi Toes. I have no doubt that there are HUGE things instore.

Rob and Jennifer said...

yay so glad the hooks season is over and adam can be home! sure miss you guys!